We are seeking talented, hardworking, outgoing and self-motivated Dental Hygienists to join our team.
Competitive wages are negotiable based on experience.
– Holiday pay
– Health Insurance
– Dental Care
– Continuing education opportunities and compensation
– 401K Savings Plan
– Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health
history, oral cancer screening, dental charting and taking blood pressure
– Taking dental radiographs (x-rays)
– Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
– Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
– Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
– Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
– Assisting other hygiene staff
– Scheduling hygiene recall appointments
– Equipment and instrument cleaning and sterilization
– Stocking rooms and ordering supplies
– Participating in OSHA and Safety Committees
– Participating in annual OSHA, HIPAA, and Safe Patient Handling training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
This position requires the ability to work together with the dentist to meet the oral health needs of patients.
The ability to form good patient relationships, excellent oral communication skills, decision making and self-
management skills, and the ability to multitask. Other requirements include PC skills, and a working knowledge of dental office procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
Active CPR Certification
Compliance with other licensing or credentialing requirements
Apollo Dental, 3000 43rd St. NW, Rochester, MN 55901