About the Job
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is now accepting applications for a 60% clinical track faculty position in the Division of Dental Hygiene.
Responsibilities of this position include dental hygiene clinical instruction to dental therapy and dental hygiene students. The dental, dental hygiene and dental therapy integrated curricula focus on a team–based delivery model that emphasizes community service and clinical enrichment in public health settings. Additional responsibilities may include committee assignments and service.
About the program:
The School of Dentistry houses a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program and a Master of Science in Dental Hygiene program, as well as a Master of Dental Therapy program.
The University of Minnesota is a major research institution and the state’s land-grant university. It comprises four campuses throughout the state, the Twin Cities being the largest.
The Academic Health Center offers an optimal setting for pursuing a career in the field of healthcare. Students who come to the University choose from nationally recognized programs.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene or a related field
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program
- Eligible for Minnesota licensure
- Minimum of two years clinical dental hygiene practice experience
- Master’s degree in dental hygiene or a related field
- Restorative functions certificate
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Didactic teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarship
- Clinical experience teaching dental hygiene students
- Minimum of three to five years clinical dental hygiene practice
About the Department
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is the state’s only dental school and the only dental school in the northern tier of states between Wisconsin and the Pacific Northwest. We are a regional resource to five states for dental education, consulting services, patient treatment, and ongoing continuing dental education.